GBNFC at The Chinnbrook Centre
The centre is based on the junction of Trittiford and Chinnbrook Roads in Billesley, Birmingham. It opened in 2001 as the first Surestart Children’s Centre in the West Midlands. From September 2016 it became GBNFC at The Chinnbrook Centre.
The setting provides full day care 8am – 6pm Monday to Friday for children aged 2-5 years, over 48 weeks of the year.
A variety of free funded sessions for 2, 3 and 4 years are available as well as fee paying wrap around or sessional day care options. Call to gain more information
The centre has set closure weeks which consist of one week at Christmas, one week at Easter, and two weeks in the summer holidays. All dates will be provided to you at the point of enquiry.
The setting benefits from a sensory room, a decked, under-cover outdoor area as well as a large play area.
The main nursery area is split in to two age groups 2-3 year olds and 3-5 years old.
Our approach for learning is to create for our children an environment that inspires, is exciting and will engage them in their own learning each and every day. The Nursery has a large open environment which provides a rich, varied and safe space in which children can play, explore and learn. This will contribute greatly to children’s learning and development. The environment is child-centered in that the environment is adapted to the interests of the children. The environment uses authentic and real life objects for children to experience allow them to experience what things really feel like such as plates, cups ad tea pots, giving them the time to learn how to look after things and how things should be treated and that extends to the people around them.
I take great pride in leading the team on all aspects of nursery provision, whilst deploying the EYFS. I am a knowledgeable, passionate professional with over 18 years experience. I am committed to delivering high quality early years practice.
Dates to remember 2019-2020
Bank Holidays Nursery closure dates
- Wednesday 25th December – Christmas day
- Thursday 26th December – Boxing Day
- Wednesday 1st January – New Year’s Day
- Friday 10th April – Good Friday
- Monday 13th April – Easter Monday
- Friday 8th May –May bank holiday
- Monday 25th May – Spring bank holiday
- Monday 31st August – Summer bank holiday
- Friday 25th December – Christmas day
- Monday 28th December – Boxing Day
Training days 2020 (All settings closed)
- Thursday 7th May 2020
- Monday 12th October 2020
Funded Sessions closures (48 weeks)
- Opens 2nd January 2020
- (Last day) Friday 3rd April – Tuesday 14th April (5 days +2 Bank holidays) return Wednesday 15th April
- (Last day) Friday 31st July – Friday 14th August (10 days) return 17th August
- (Last day) Tuesday 22nd December- Friday 1st January 2021 – (5 days + 3 bank holidays)
- Return 4th January 2021