GBNFC Children’s Centre
GBNFC Children’s Centre is happy to be part of the Birmingham Forward Steps (BFS) Early Years and Wellbeing Service.
We are sub-contracted by Barnardo’s who are one of the five partners delivering the BFS service.
GBNFC covers the Selly Oak District of Birmingham (Billesley, Bournville, Selly Oak and Brandwood Wards)
We offer a range of activities and support services to help you with all aspects of parenting, making sure your child gets the best start in life.
- Adult Education (access to employment, job club, ESOL/EAL, Volunteer opportunities)
- Adult Well-Being (emotional wellbeing group plus 1:1 support)
- Antenatal and Postnatal (parenting classes, mother and baby groups, infant feeding support, antenatal groups)
- Early Years Groups (baby groups, baby massage, baby yoga, stay and play groups, toddler groups, story and craft groups, healthy start vitamins, , healthy lifestyle choices, startwell)
- SEND (1:1 advice and support plus group peer support from KIDS West Midlands)
- Speech & Language (language through play and support in the home)
- Childcare Advice (childcare funding advice and support, 2yr – 3yr old EEE places, parenting programmes)
- Family Support (behaviour management, benefits advice, debt advice, domestic abuse, housing, isolation, mental health, parenting, immigration/asylum seeking support)
My name is Kerry Huntley, I am the proud manager of GBNFC Children’s Centre, I have worked for GBNFC since 2004 and I have been the Children’s Centre manager since 2007. I have always had a passion for working with children and families to support them in their journey. I am extremely passionate about offering support to families and for them to have the opportunity to access services within the community to help them have equal opportunities to learn through play and develop alongside supporting families with their needs. I have worked in a nursery setting, in early years outreach groups and as a Family Support Worker which has helped to build my knowledge to guide a great team at the Children’s Centre.